Campus Championship 2018 | PUBG Mobile

This one's for PUBGM!

Honestly, this is one of the proud things I ever did in my life. I always wanted to take my work to the big stage and it has happened now.
So it was some normal days at work back then and I was excited upon hearing that we were to do a PUBGM event. And was even thrilled that it's a call straight from Tencent Games.

And straight away I proceeded to make the promo video. You'll see them further down below the post.
However, the most successful work of mine is this Opener Video that I made for the Grand Final event. It took me around a week to put everything together. I just finished the video on the very last day before we could leave for the event. I didn't even had time to share the preview of it with my own team or Tencent to acquire confirmation. The time was limited, everyone knew it. So, I rendered the whole video out and we were all off to Bangalore the next morning.

We reached the venue 2 days earlier to get things right from our side. We gave the video to the Stage Operations team and they were playing the video on the big screen as part of the whole rehearsal. And there were instant chills! Even though that I made the video, I was looking surprised at it to see how well it came up on the big displays.

Then, came the event day. My video went live on the stage, but this time in front of 400k YouTube viewers and all of those audiences.



The countdown went live. It hit zero and everyone was cheering at it. Man, I was getting goosebumps. You definitely won't feel that by watching in your monitor. You should have experienced it live on the venue (Thanks to the speakers and acoustics. Jk. The real credit goes to the music composer - HANAEL who made this awesome music track) Whistles and claps all over the venue. Only then, I realised that I did a good job. Not great, but still enough to make me content. It seemed that the inspiration from International Esport event (especially ESL's ones) openings worked out.

Real Fact- The script of the video was from my team at Playtonia. The 3D weapon shots were made possible by my friend Siddarth "OldBear". And the team reveal section was made possible by a third party AE template.

This one video had got a lot of attention then. Everyone from Tencent Games, Starladder, and other big organisations appreciated my video. After the event had ended, me and my team went to a small celebration party where we met officials from Tencent Games. They came to me and showed all the love they have got for that video. At one moment they were appreciating me so much that I didn't even know how to react to it. At one point in time there, I was thinking to ask them for an in-game PUBG Mobile skin, but I kept it to myself :D

For the whole day, I was like "yes. Thank you. ... Thanks ... Am Glad.. I'm proud ...." But they still won't stop appreciating me.

I sincerely thank everyone for the appreciation and feedback.

Campus Championship Official Promo Video



Campus Championship Scrapped Promo Video








Miscellaneous
November 11, 2018
0

Comments

Pop-UP

Search

Other Profiles