Playtonia: Month -01 | I'm Hired

I'm Hired !


CS:GO found me a job! Will tell you how, wait.
It was the last days of my college life (March,2017), where a college prof. of mine suggested me in taking a job interview in an ad agency. I went there, applied for graphic designing, and they gave me quest to do some awesome designing. I had my hands on a Mac for the first time there and it all went ultra down. I made a couple of not-so-good designs and I came out a failure.
Upon haven written my final exams, I went to McKinsey Presentation Design Services, Chennai; applied there for graphic designing. And it was one tiring adventure, OMG. The instinct which made me go there was their workplace. Damn! It was so lit and was placed in 11th floor. It was an all round IT Park, so what do you expect?
Had a telephony interview (where I talked for about 40 minutes under the blazing sun.. Passed it, though). Went to the designing test, where I did some PPT designs. Awkward (For me, in terms of career). It's a company exclusively there for designing PPTs and PPTs only. I could not expect a good carrier out of it, and would eventually end up forgetting my Maya, After Effects and Photoshop. It was an easy job, but such a irrelevant destination for my carrier, I thought.
Then came, my saviors of life, Abhijit and Sanupam, the captains of Playtonia. Earlier some months ago, they offered me an internship program, but I didn't go there for my college's potato rules. I asked them some time for me to choose for, then.
A day later I received a call inviting me for a position of graphic designer from an ad agency. I went there and boom! I waited for about 2 hours in a couch, then was asked to design a brochure. I did well, I believe. But the negotiations there was to take me as an intern, which triggered me to deny the offer.
Then, some days later McKinsey team called for a face-to-face interview. My interviewer asked me many questions on the base of my interests and career, and I cannot count on how many times I uttered the word 'gaming' there. It seemed like they liked my response to their questions and my passion towards gaming. But then, a day later I received a mail only to know that I got suspended of continuation further. I knew the reason why. It's a corporate PPT design company, who have no measures to hire and train a guy who would never love this kinda job. I made a reply asking on where I failed. But, there was no response.
But now, having done this much of videos, I realized that McKinsey's rejection was a good thing that happened to me. I made into Playtonia! doing stuffs I always loved to do. 
How I came in contact with them? Well, it was my CSGO workshop submissions that dragged an attention. Abhijit, a Playtnonian had a talk with me and WOLA! -- am here.
Now, I'm making videos, learning new techniques and playing CSGO meanwhile :)

My first work there :)

Right on, my first hour I was given this project. Lez goo !



Finally, a typo video!


Inspired from Don't Blink- iphone7 Commercial. Wow! I'm gonna buy an iphone when I've got enough money a couple of months later :3




Motion Poster bois :3




More Video Editing + FX combination



And again, the Element 3D !



Another quick edit..



Stealing some trailers and reworking on them :3



An other video editing + FX combination




Getting fullstream to CSGO Edits!



Graphic Deisgns + Element 3D again..



So, that's it for the July's rollout at my workplace. Let's see where I go further :)

CS:GO
July 31, 2017
0

Comments

Pop-UP

Search

Other Profiles